- Go to one of the many events happening in the Overberg.
- Hike or bike in one of our Nature Reserves. (Take advantage of Access Week and visit CapeNature’s reserves FREE until 25th Sept.)
- Visit a museum – most of the villages have a museum or two. There’s a shipwreck museum, a toy museum, an apple museum, a whale museum and many others. The Drostdy museum in Swellendam and the Genadendal Museum promise to be particularly enjoyable this Heritage Day.
- Buy one of the infamous pies from the Houw Hoek farmstall, and other goodies, and head for a picnic at one of the botanical gardens or on the beach.
- See how many of these heritage sites you can find in Swellendam in one day.
- Taste our viticultural heritage and go wine tasting.
- Enjoy a Braai at home or at The Orchard farm stall.
— The Orchard (@TheOrchardN2) September 22, 2016
- Or some excellent music by The Rivertones at Benguela Cove (not to mention wine and food)
— Benguela Cove Estate (@BenguelaCove) September 22, 2016
- Make and Eat some Melk Tert