A recipe for you courtesy of Hermanuspietersfontein Cellars. They have a whole lots of delectable recipes this month from Anna Gevers of Belgium. Anna says she doesn’t like the word dip, but that’s just what it is. A delicious, velvety concoction.
150 ml extra virgin olive oil
5-10 garlic cloves, skinned and crushed
2 anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
75 – 100g cubed butter
Raw veggies for dipping: fennel bulbs, cauliflower, sweet peppers, cucumber, carrots, courgettes, mushrooms, etc.
1. heat oil in pan
2. add garlic and anchovies
3. stirfry on low heat till it forms a muddy consistency
4. add 75g butter and beat
5. remove from heat when butter has melted
6. continue whisking until it forms a creamy, homogenous mixture
7. taste: if too strong, add 25g butter
8. keep warm over tea candle
9. dip crudités in warm sauce and enjoy!