- What do you do for a living?
I am a kidney doctor and an assistant brewer.
- What do you love about what you do?
I love being able to help people with kidney failure get transplanted and live normal lives after the horrors of dialysis. I also love making beer to help people relax and the end of a hard day. Niertjies en biertjies – that’s my game.
- Where do you live and how long have you lived there?
We live in Sea Point (since Jan 2016). Before that we (my wife Mandy and I) lived in Fourways, Johannesburg.
- Where did you grow up?
- What did you want to be when you were small?
A working man, like my dad, the accountant.
- What is your favourite thing about living in the Overberg?
The tremendous abundance of what can be found there: apples, grapes and wine, barley and beer, other fruit – it really is a living breathing cornucopia.
- What is your favourite holiday?
International travel and sightseeing
- What motivates you?
Seeing people who are very very ill getting better
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What do you do for fun?
- If you could choose to do anything in the Overberg for a day, what would it be?
The Hemel en Aarde wine route – with lots of stops
- What is your favourite food?
Roast leg of lamb and mint sauce
- What is your favourite song/movie/book of the moment?
Film: “Wolf of Wall Street“,
Favourite song: “Both sides now” (Joni Mitchell)
Favourite book: “Foe” by JM Coetzee
- List two pet peeves.
Negative people, Jacob Zuma.
- What’s your favourite animal?
See question 12.
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- What’s your signature meal?
Roast chicken – slow roasted.
- What three items would you take with you on a road trip?
binoculars, non fiction book, leatherman all purpose knife.
- Where’s your secret spot in the Overberg?
Old Potter’s Inn and Brewhouse.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Ignore when angry.
ADD TO FAVOURITES